Fischer TWISTER L1 & L2
The Fischer TWISTER L1 & L2 is a new age weeding system, using hydraulically powered high-speed bio-brushes (D8mm round weeding cord). It efficiently brushes the weeds down the trunk and into the row by softly passing by the plant line without damaging the trunks. It offers one of the cleanest undervine weeding results ever seen and incorporates the very time consuming basal de-suckering (water-shoot removal) in the same tractor pass. It is the dream weeder for biodynamic and environmentally conscience growers.
It is also very affective in controlling spring snail invasions.
The TWISTER L1 & L2 use the same support frame as the Fischer GTL, except that the hydraulic hoses are not fitted with quick couplings for changing implements.
New features include:
- Front and rear mountable support frame.
- New generation electro-hydraulic control blocks.
- Extra wide, manual side-shift capacity to reach under trees (on request).
- Height adjustable, metal support wheel.
- Diffusion guards.
- Storage frame.
The Fischer TWISTER L1 & L2 is a one or double sided, high speed bio-brush weeder which offers various application options like:
- Strip weeding right up to objects.
- Undervine and tree-line weeding
- Mechanical de-suckering (basal de-budding)
- Verge edge and runway edge maintenance
Also available as integrated inter-row to undervine/tree systems or mounted on hydraulically width adjustable Fischer SLF/HLS/BV2 mowers, please refer to Product Showcase Fischer BV2 + TWISTER W2 or Fischer SLS + TWISTER M1 system.
Integrated options offer various wheel options: Metal fixed, metal caster, solid rubber fixed and caster.
- The Fischer TWISTER L1 & L2 is the perfect solution for chemical free weed control. The system offers maintenance friendly components and is easy to use, most effective and fast.
- Developed and manufactured in Italy by Fischer GmbH for two generations.
- Acclaimed quality equipment, exporting to over 25 different countries.
- Unique electrohydraulic operating systems.
- Available in custom sizes on request.
- Effective and simple to use.
- Proven rugged and built to last.
The TWISTER W2 specifications are as follows:
- The high speed (max.2000rpm) TWISTER heads are hydraulically powered by the tractor hydraulics.
- The TWISTER heads are available in two sizes/length 334mm or 550mm.
- All hydraulic requirements can be met by the tractor; it requires 3 x double acting leavers and 1 x constant supply & return. The required hydraulic oil capacity is 50-60L/min.
- The weed-brushes are using 8mm heavy duty weeding twine featuring a KEVLAR core – reports suggest a brush lifespan of 20-45Ha depending on the undervine conditions (e.g presents of rocks or/and nature of rocks).
- The brush heads allowed for a 200mm over-cut with the base mower to allow for a seamless result.
- The brush heads angle to row is manually adjustable to set the required working depth.
- The heads are spring loaded for brush-by action and hydraulically liftable to set the required working height.
- Electrohydraulic controls allow to turn the heads on and off from inside the tractor.
- The Fischer BV2 + TWISTER W2 system is a heavy duty, expandable deck mower with integrated, hydraulically powered high speed bio-brush undervine/tree-line weeding system.
- Various wheel options.
- On-board hydraulic support systems.